Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mac and "cheese" and ice cream!

I maintain that mac and cheese looks gross in photos. Or maybe just the way I photograph it. Here is one anyway.

I used this recipe:
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=21718.0

However, my favorite is still this one.

Also, It's soooo hot here! We had one day of spring before it was just pummeled by an over enthusiastic summer.
Naturally, ice cream is in order.




This recipe I know by heart!
1 can coconut milk
1 cup soy or almond (or hazelnut, or hemp or......!) milk
2 tablespoons vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 cup of whatever fresh fruit you want.

In this case, strawberries!
Put it in the blender, then pour it in your ice cream maker.

I blend it really well because I am a picky eater and don't like mushy chunks, no matter how small, and I also don't like seeds. As long as there aren't any chunks though, I can deal with the seeds.
The best strawberry ice cream I have ever had. Fresh tasting and no gross chunks! Yaaay.

No comments: