Sunday, May 31, 2009

Taco night

This was really an excuse to make guacamole, the food of the gods.
While at the store I saw this meat analogue taco filling by Fantastic Foods. Now I know this is heresy but I really like their falafel mix. So I decided to try the taco filler.
I'm not too too crazy about fake meats unless they're not trying to taste like meat, so I wasn't insanely in love with it, but it was pretty good. Of course guacamole made it better. It was simple to make really, just add water and heat the stuff in a pot. The tortilla in this picture is kinda crunchy cause it was the first one. The first one is always crappy! Anyway, the tortilla recipe is in my previous post.

Use whatever filing you want. I just put in lettuce, tomato guacamole and light onion.

As for the guacamole, I like it simple.

2 avocados
Juice of 1/2 lime (though honestly I put in more, I love lime)
tomato (I eyeball it)
onion (I only put in light onion, I don't like too many onion chunks. I also slice them very thinly)
Sea salt to taste
Pepper to taste




I say again, stay away from store bought tortillas and make your own! It will transform your tacos from highly mediocre at best all the way to heaven on your plate.

No comments: